Softwarevirtualisierung mit App V 5 192Unser Buch "Softwarevirtualisierung mit App-V 5"

Das deutsche App-V 5 Buch: 496 Seiten Wissen zu Microsoft App-V 5 (5.1 bis HF6). Ab Windows 7 bis Server 2016 mit Zusatzinhalten zu App-V mit VDI, Terminalservern, XenDesktop und SCCM Mit Fragestellungen zum Contentstore, Skripting, Hochverfügbarkeit usw.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AppBot v. 1.4 creates incorrect App-V files

AppBot v. 1.4 creates incorrect App-V files 4 years 1 month ago #21

• Glen
AppBot v. 1.4 converting CAS files to App-V. Creates a file structure for App-V with an average size of .appv file in ~20 KB; .msi ~520KB (for all CAS packages).
App-V log is empty. No errors in the event log.
Environment: persistant VM with Windows 7 x64 Ent + .Net 4.6 + App-V sequencer 5 SP2 HF4 + App-V client (same version)
Is v. 1.4 dedicated to SP3 only? Any advice?
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Glen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AppBot v. 1.4 creates incorrect App-V files 4 years 1 month ago #22

• Andreas Nick
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you for the info. Appbot has some known Errors, but I have not prioritized it now. Is it possible to send me the CAS package. maybe with Dropbox? And a Screenshot of the first tab (for the parameters). Appbot has not a Parameter validation. Info [AT] Nick-it.de

AppBot v. 1.4 creates incorrect App-V files 4 years 1 month ago #23

• Glen
Nick, I am working in the organisation where sending files or logs is prohibited by a security policy. Sorry. That is a valid CAS for 7 ZIP :-) prepared by Citrix profiler and used in our mixed environment (Citrix + App-V) production. Since Citrix is dropping their support for streaming beginning from 7.6, I was just testing your 1.4 version...
I ran it several times with "Full Load" checkbox selected and deselected.
Then I tried the same on GanttProject (and two more packages) with similar results. Do you think that reverting back to 1.3 would have a better chance?
Would you also be able to advice some techniques to run AppBot in "debugging mode"? The fact that Appv log is empty is pointing to some issues, but what are these issues? :-)
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Glen.

AppBot v. 1.4 creates incorrect App-V files 4 years 1 month ago #24

• Andreas Nick
  • Thank you received: 1
I understand, we are also work in high-security Environments B)
The old version of appbot don't work better. It is just a problem with the filters and your Profiler "System" configuration. The tool need a configuration four your environemnt. For this and for troubleshooting we sell a support contract. For example, if you get an error in the log for a double registry key, this key get an exclsuion. If your environment (package) need more drives, we configure an inclusion and tranformation. But a problem, that a MSI is generated, but not the App-V is new for me. You can take the MSI und install it manually with a sequencer. We will sometimes implement some updates for the tool, that could automate much more here. And also some bugfixes.
If you only like to try the general functionalty, you can use the test packages.
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds