AppBot is a tool created to transform Citrix Streaming Applications to Microsoft App-V 5. Additionally, the application creates Microsoft installer files for every application. This way, you can decide if you would like to install an MSI for your old Streaming Profiler application (sccm, matrix 42 or so) or an App-V 5 package.
The originally installed platform can be transformed as well. For example, a Streaming Profiler application of Windows Server 2003 may be adapted to Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012. If you select Windows XP and Server 2003 in the Streaming Profiler, the complete file system as well as all registry keys and shortcuts are rewritten. App-V is able to find every file and DLL in its new location. Every installation is redirected to “\%programFiles\NICK-IT\<Applicationname>” per default. You may change these settings to “<YOURCOMPANYNAME>\<Applicationname>”.
The development of this version is completed and successfully tested with Streaming Profiler 6.0 (older versions might not function correctly).
- Automatic conversion of Citrix Application Streaming (Profiler) Packages to App-V 5
- Automatic detection of .profile-settings by the package (works in 9/10 packages)
- Obtain a MSI file for every Streaming Profiler (can be advantageous for the system administrator)
- Convert Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 packages to Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- Convert your 16 bit installer packages to 32 bit applications (KeyTerm)
- Redirect packages to a new installation location
- Select individual shortcuts
- Solve profile virtualization problems
- Get all icons of an application from the Citrix Icon.bin file. These icons can be used for publishing the application with XenApp.
AppBot is tested on and with
- Streaming Profiler 6.x
- Streaming packages for Windows XP (32 bit german), Windows 7 (32 bit) and Windows 7 (64 bit)
- Compatible systems for running AppBot: Windows 8.1 (64 bit) and Windows 7 (32 bit)
- Tested packages: Windows XP (32 bit), Office 2003 (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Notepad++, 7-Zip, Firefox, MagicIso, NVU, OpenVpn, Sqvaw, VLC Player, WinSCP, XmlNotepad
- Due to technical reasons concerning application streaming, some feature are missing:
- No App-V 5.0 SP 2 context menu support in this version (e.g. WinZip, WinRAR)
- Device drivers
- Update of packages
- Bulk operations
- Command line interface
- A "real usable\ converter for App-V 4.6 packages
- Automatic export to ThinApp
- Package wizard
- Support of the old Streaming Proler format
- Support of proler scripts in App-V 5
- Update support (updates created with the Citrix Streaming Progiler)
To guarantee the correct function of AppBot, there are certain system requirements: Windows 7 (32/64 bit ) or Windows 8/8.1 (32/64 bit)
- .NET Framework 4.0 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718
- PowerShell 3.0 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34595
- App-V 5.0 Sequencer (for an automatic transformation to App-V 5) Note: The sequencer is not needed if you want to create MSI packages only.
The "Full" Userguide can be found here : http://www.appbot.biz/uploads/media/Documentation_02.pdf